Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Who am I to be a leader?



Today brought up a barrage of emotions about who I am. This journey is just starting and I'm already feeling overwhelmed, inadequate, and shut down.

Who am I? 

Who am I to be the leader of women who need more self love? How can I guide them to be any better than they are today? Are my tools really sufficient to make a difference? 

I found myself spiraling down into a pity party. Poor me. I can never be good enough to be the person I want to be. I will never be a leader. I will never be a teacher. I will never make a difference in the lives of my fellow women? 

Thank heavens I have a husband who can help me talk through these things today. He pointed out a pattern that I have of finding ways that I am not good enough, then trying to prove that I am right. I've been here before a few times. Sometimes I give up and sometimes I keep stepping forward with faith. 
This time I KNOW that God has given me a message to share and I will do my best to share what is in my heart and to help the women and men that I am sent here to help. 

So I am letting go of the "I'm not good enough" attitude and pressing on through this tunnel until I can see the light on the other side. Because I know that God loves me. I know that I am good enough. And I know that I was sent here to help others to know these things about themselves too. 

My message is simple. We are here to experience JOY, and we can only experience the fullness of joy when our bodies are working properly for us. It is our responsibility to take care of them so they will be our friends, helping us to serve, love, and experience life at it's fullest! 

Our bodies are a gift from God and we need to treat them like the incredible gift that they are! 


I'm going to use my body to spread this happy message and be grateful for my health and my strength to be able to share the voice that is inside of me. Even if I only change the life of one person, it is enough. 

Be joyful my friends! 

Love, Jenifer




No comments:

Post a Comment